||Overbyte Presents: |
Windows NT System Administrators Quiz:
OK so you're a manager who has to interview and hire a WinNT administrator.
Perhaps you know diddly about WinNT How will you know whether
the candidate now before you really know his/her stuff or if s/he
is faking it? Try this quiz:
- Discuss the two major types of multi-tasking, the advantages,
and disadvantages of each etc.
- What type of Multi-tasking does NT use?
- Describe the differences between the major file systems used
on x86 operating systems.
- Is there an advantage to NTFS over HPFS, FAT-16, FAT-32 or NFS?
- How many diskettes does NT 3.5 need to boot the executive
or kernal before you get to the CD?
- How would you boot a fresh system just enough to start the
NT install program from a server instead of a CD?
- What commnad line would you execute from the server? From
- How do you tell the installation program on the server to
not build boot disks during installation?
- Discuss the HAL
- Discuss the hive, what is it, and how does it relate to NT?
- Is there a backup copy of the hive?
- Where is it stored?
- Is there a hardware hive built?
- When and how is it built?
- Discuss the HCL.
- How often is it updated.
- Discuss all of the network protocols with which you are familiar.
- Discuss the difference between IPX and TCP/IP
- What is the difference between a MAC address and an IP Address?
- Discuss DNS
- Discuss WINS
- What is an SNMPGET? SNMPSET?
- Can you connect a netware 3.x client to an NT server for file
and print sharing? What do you have to do to make this work?
- What experience do you have with Microsoft Exchange and/or
other E-Mail Systems?
- Discuss your experience with E-Mail system:
- WAN connections
- Where do E-Mail systems typically have problems?
- Define and discuss SMTP
- Define and discuss POP server
- Give an example of how you resolved a difficult problem in
an E-Mail system?
If you have questions or comments, please contact:|
P. O. Box 6500
Portland Oregon 97228-6500